Marketing Operations Manager
The Marketing Operations Manager is a critical role, central to the success of a performance-driven marketing team. You will be responsible for the marketing database, lead management process, KPI measurement/reporting, overseeing all marketing tools and technologies (and integration between systems), and leveraging intelligence gleaned from our data to inform sound business decision making. You will have the opportunity to establish operational best practices in Marketo that will help elevate our reporting capabilities and improve prospect and customer engagement.
Our ideal candidate is someone with a proven track record of setting up efficient marketing processes and lead flows, managing a robust prospect database and technology stack, and balancing strong attention to detail with high-level business thinking. This role will report to the VP of Marketing.
This is an amazing opportunity to join a fast-paced, creative and growing marketing team.
What You’ll Do:
- Lead cross-functional discussions involving the marketing operations function, infrastructure, and processes, including improvements that help to support marketing initiatives.
- Advise on department-level KPIs and provide forecasting information that rolls up to overall business goals.
- Sets up and maintains department reporting — including, but not limited to, weekly and monthly KPI reporting, campaign reporting, and any one-off reporting requests.
- Be the company go-to expert on all things related to Marketo. Manage email marketing roadmap, scheduling, and Marketo campaigns/workflows.
- Identify opportunities to improve Marketo programs and reporting to help inform more in-depth campaign reporting.
- Manage website forms and integration of form data into the marketing database.
- Evaluate and recommend new technologies, aligned to current and future business needs, and lead the onboarding of new marketing vendors.
- Act as the guardian of the marketing database to improve data quality, hygiene, and standardization.
Implement and maintain lead and data flows between the various tools in our marketing and technology stack.
- Use marketing data to make recommendations on optimal approaches to delivering the right message, to the right customer, in the right context.
- Own and maintain documentation of all marketing operations processes, including the Sales and Marketing SLA.
- Proactively recommend ways to remove manual processes to help scale the business, and steps to make the team work more efficiently.
What You’ll Bring
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or similar field
- 5+ years of marketing experience
- Hands-on Marketo experience building, organizing and executing successful B2B automation campaigns
- Experience managing solutions like Drift, Bizible and 6Sense
- Strong working knowledge of database management concepts and best practices
- Organized and methodical, with the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high level of detail and accuracy
- Results-driven, with a test and optimize mindset
- Excellent communicator who can explain complex scenarios and solutions clearly
- People manager and strong individual contributor who enjoys autonomy
- Candidates must be authorized to work in the US