Sr. Marketing Manager
Hi 👋 We’re Kharon, a highly disruptive and incredibly innovative organization that navigates risk at the intersection of global security threats + international commerce.
What does that mean? Great question.
We take really complex data as it relates to global security and empower our clients to not only understand the risk associated with their potential business relationships but to operationalize that data so that they can make the best and most informed decisions possible. From financial crimes and sanctions to export controls and threat identifications, our tools optimize protection against the types of security threats that could otherwise be incredibly dangerous and excessively costly to any business. Serving many of today’s leading global financial and multinational institutions, Kharon products are the most powerful in the space with a precision and depth that is absolutely unparalleled. Full stop.
When you look at any major global crisis event, we’re providing information that’s at the heart of those circumstances. We connect the dots in a way that’s meaningful. This year in particular, we’re experiencing unprecedented growth. The impact of recent global events, especially, has resulted in heightened demand for our products and services which is why we’re looking for our very first Sr. Marketing Manager whose expertise is with Growth and/or Product-led marketing teams.
We’re a product and data-driven company and this is a product and data-driven position. Reporting to the SVP of Key Client Relations with dotted-line leadership from the Head of Sales, you will work to develop, implement, and manage the foundational elements of Kharon’s global marketing function. From tactical planning and content management to campaign optimization and sales enablement, you will help us articulate our value, create competitive positioning and make the right channel investments. Tracking and reporting on success metrics and OKRs, you will create, drive and optimize an informed Marketing strategy owning all full-funnel activities at Kharon.
Working cross-functionally with the Business Development, Product and Executive Leadership teams, you will be integral in supporting our sales expansion and brand awareness efforts. Living in Hubspot and overseeing all digital marketing activities, you will have sole ownership of our internal and external content, campaign strategies, optimization, data analysis and process implementation. Understanding the why behind what Kharon does, your North Star will be designing and implementing a holistic marketing approach that communicates our value to highly diverse target markets.
Ultimately, though, the very best part of this position is the absolutely unreal growth potential. You will be our first marketing hire. For the time being, you won’t have a team to delegate to. You’ll be a one-person show. You’ll be the person we look to for advice and the person we trust to make decisions that ultimately increase ROI and enable our entire company to continue accelerating. A generalist at heart, your background in “doing a little of this and a little of that” makes you perfect for this role. You’ll take everything you’ve learned throughout your career and bring it here to pave your own way towards leadership, both in thought and personnel. You will be the one who comes in, improves what exists, implements what doesn’t and creates impact in a way that enables you AND us to grow.
Don’t sleep on this. Okay, we’ll get off our soap-box now.
To better break this position down, we’ve included bullet points below that highlight the position itself, the requirements for success and some preferred skills that would put you at the top of our list.
- A Product or Performance focused marketer who has worked on a lean marketing team with a hyper-growth company.
- A T-shaped marketer (we don’t have massive budgets and your approach is to roll up your sleeves and get the job done)
- Experienced in marketing for an Enterprise B2B SaaS product, data product, or products in the risk/compliance space.
- Generalist with broad but tactical experience in a range of areas including lead generation, sales enablement, channel marketing, funnel optimization, SEO/SEM, content marketing, and end-to-end campaign management.
- Building a career with about 5 to 8+ years of marketing experience under your belt already.
- Understand the why behind what Kharon does and can figure out how to get from A to B
- Implement, establish and manage foundational elements of the marketing function at Kharon
- Work in tandem with the SVP of Marketing and the Head of Sales to create and drive an informed marketing strategy
- Enable all internal teams (particularly sales, marketing, client services and product) to be successful through the creation of core messaging, company collateral, knowledge of our buyer, knowledge of our competition and creating/telling the customer story/experience.
- Critical role in launching products, influencing the roadmap, and creating technical and sales enablement assets that include compelling product demonstrations, how-to guides, and other tools and content that engage our current and future customers
- Articulate value proposition, create competitive positioning and make the right channel investments
- Enable sales with case studies, presentations, webinar materials, website messaging, etc.
- Establish and track success metrics/KPI/OKRs to report and make educated decisions on optimization
- Focus on full-funnel activities
- Analyze data to monitor revenue performance and uncover areas for improvement
- Partner with sales and product teams to optimize, based on growth and CRM insights and initiatives, adapting to improve performance
- Build measurements, track and report on the entire marketing funnel and set up tests for new channels
- Speak to both technical and non-technical stakeholders to bring products to market and communicate their value to a diverse set of clients
- Become an expert in our solutions across all customer segments
- Play an integral role in attribution and ROI analysis, as well as future budgeting
So, that’s the role and to the right person, this will be the perfect kind of challenge. Our mission is compelling, our product is powerful and we’re growing at a rate that makes us unstoppable. If you’re looking to be surrounded by people who will inspire you to think and challenge you to grow then look no further! Our team is made up of some of the most visionary and uncompromising individuals you will ever meet. We don’t take ourselves seriously but we’re serious about the work we do and there is absolutely no slowing us down!
To keep that momentum going, we do our very best to make sure that each and every team member is completely taken care of. From generous time off and fully paid medical plans to daily catered lunches and full-loaded break rooms, we’re nothing without our people so we provide benefits and perks that reflect that. You can count on…
- All the equipment you need to be successful in your role.
- Fully remote or hybrid environments (HQ in L.A. and hubs in D.C., N.Y., and London)
- Premium medical benefits that are paid 100% paid for with an option to elect for Vision and Dental
- 401k plan that you can enroll in with no waiting period
- Paid time off + 11 paid holidays
- If you visit our office(s), fully catered lunches and every snack you can think of. Also, we have a speakeasy (yes, we said a speakeasy)
This position is pivotal to our ability to scale this year so we are aggressively looking for the right individual to join our team and spearhead this position. If you think you fit the bill, don’t hesitate. APPLY! We look forward to hearing from you!