Business Applications Specialist
The Business Applications Specialist will be our in-house Marketing Automation (currently HubSpot) expert, and MarTech Stack Administrator. You will be responsible for operationalizing our global inbound, channel, account-based, customer, product and digital marketing campaigns and strategies—utilizing best practice data capture and workflow methodologies, as well as assist and execute on special Marketing projects.
Working closely with marketing program managers, revenue operations, marketing and inside sales leadership, the ideal candidate will gain an understanding of the business requirements, data flow and reporting requirements in order to successfully set-up and execute campaigns across the buyer and customer journey/lifecycle and marketing funnel.
This is a technical position requiring the in-depth knowledge of data flows and integrations across multiple platforms. In order to be considered for this position, you must have extensive experience in both Marketing Automation Platform—like Hubspot/Marketo/Pardot—and Salesforce data flows and integrations and how they impact the success of the overall business.
As a Business Applications Specialist, you will:
- Provide front-end support by working with Marketing Program Managers: Review and publish landing pages, occasionally create custom landing pages, review and schedule email blasts or automated emails, create and associate forms, create and maintain segmented active/smart lists of target audiences, as well as build automation workflows to push data across our integrated systems.
- Manage marketing automation efforts and processes, proactively researching and implementing the latest best practices, strategies, and industry standards.
- Maintain Marketing Automation integration with CRM and assist in the integration of additional platforms into the marketing automation software.
- Proactively audit and maintain database health: Consistently monitoring/cleaning the database of bad or duplicate data.
- Oversee the correctness of marketing and sales data and propose steps to improve them.
- User Management: Govern and ensure proper permission sets and roles are set up and assigned for all platform users.
- Work with our Salesforce Administrator to plan for and execute on field mappings or automation changes, upgrades, or downtime as necessary and proactively communicate them within our organization.
- Assess and identify gaps/issues in our current systems and processes, and recommend ways to address them.
- Evaluate and assess new platforms to meet changing or evolving business needs/requirements.
- Execute or assist with leading on new platform implementations, configurations and integrations.
- Keep well-documented requirements gathered from stakeholders and provide weekly updates
Assist with the administration, configuration, integration, and maintenance of existing and new business applications.
- Gather business requirements and be able to translate them into technical requirements and specifications.
- Create documentation around systems, processes, automations, etc.
Skills & Experience:
- Experience working with a marketing automation platform that’s integrated with Salesforce.
- Familiarity with various integrated Martech platforms (Demandbase One, Wistia, Zoom, AdRoll, Drift, and Outreach to name a few).
Have a thorough understanding of various marketing strategies and tactics, as well as marketing operation processes: Email marketing, A/B testing, dynamic personalization, lead nurture, lead & account scoring, account-based marketing, etc. with the ability to transfer theory and strategy into operational execution.
- Familiarity with lead generation, demand generation, nurture and account-based marketing concepts and principles.
- Strong organizational, project management, and analytical skills.
- Strong business and technical acumen
- Drive and ambition to stay abreast of marketing automation trends and best practices.
- Strong attention to detail. Proactive, self-directed and self-motivated.
- Ability to multi-task and excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Skilled with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Ideal Candidates Will:
- Be a subject matter expert on all things HubSpot with a knack for problem solving and a personality to get sh** done.
- Have between 1-2 years B2B experience
- Have a deep understanding of how HubSpot (or other marketing automation platforms) integrates with multiple Martech Stack data sources and the ability to set up and consistently monitor and troubleshoot/solution when problems arise (integration errors).
- Have experience with how a Marketing Automation Platform like HubSpot shares data with Salesforce.
- Have experience working in Demandbase One, Asana and Confluence or similar platforms.
- Have working knowledge of Gainsight CS, WordPress, and Jira.
- Be familiar with working in OneTrust and executing on data subject access requests.
- When it comes to coding, you know enough to be dangerous.
- Be a natural at spotting gaps and inefficiencies, and be able to solution for or optimize them.
- Love to learn new things (systems, processes, etc.)
- Be a nerd at heart. There’s not much that gets you more excited than diving into new technologies and data sets.
- Be a great problem solver. A new platform comes with new challenges, and we need someone who’s willing and able to solve them.
Be able to think out-of-the box.
- Understand how to function within best practices and still can deliver to the needs of the business.
- Have previously worked at a corporate organization and are accustomed to working in a process-driven structure.
- Any combination of education and experience that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be: Bachelor’s degree preferred in related field of study.
- 3-5 years in a similar role, with demonstrated success administering a marketing automation platform with an in-depth understanding of integrations and database management within a high-tech marketing environment.
- Capable of handling multiple tasks with competing priorities under minimal supervision.